Imagine a health snack that fills stomach and can stand the hungry for long hours, introducing Granola Bars. Easy to prepare and yummy in taste. The best part is Granola Bars will also fit in your breakfast menu list. Basically the ingredients are very healthy and less in cholesterol i.e., oats, nuts, seeds and cornflakes etc.
It’s a combo of fibre, fruits and nuts which have a rich in vitamins and oats contain antioxidants which promotes for a good health. So it is a good choice for your daily intake.
Oats - 1 cup
Corn flakes - ½ cup
Almonds - 5 finely chopped
cashew - 5 finely chopped
Peanuts - 2 tbsp
Seasme seed - 1 tbsp
Pumpkin seed - 2tbsp
Sunflower seeds - 2 tbsp
Black Raisins - 1 tbsp
Dates - 4 nos
Honey - ½ cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt a pinch
- Dry roast oats, corn flakes, chopped nuts, dry fruits and seeds in a pan for 10 minutes till they turns slightly browning and keep aside.
- Allow them to cool for some time.
- In a sauce pan add butter heat it and add honey, sugar and mix it on a medium flame until sugar starts melts and bubble up. Switch off the stove.
- Now immediately add the roasted oats and other ingredients to the prepared syrup and a pinch of salt and mix well until the mixture is coated with syrup.
- That’s it, transfer the mix to a butter sheet and spread it evenly using a wooden ladle to ½ inch thickness and cover the top with another butter sheet and press them to smooth.
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes then cut them into desired shape.
- Once the granola bars comes to room temperature store them in airtight container and enjoy it.
- Even can use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
- You can use dry fruits and nuts of your choice like walnuts, cranberries, muesli etc., to make tastier.
- Don't over roast the ingredients and it will spoil the taste.