Mor kuzhambu is very light and easily digested recipe. It tastes good with any spicy fries, here I have used Spicy Potato fries as it complements well. For Mor Kuzhambu any choice of veggies could also be used, here I have used ash gourd for its bland taste and also it easily absorbs the flavor and spices.
Ash gourd / White pumpkin – 1cup
Sour curd – 1 & 1/2 cup
Water – ½ cup
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Grated Coconut – 1tbsp
Red Chili – 3nos
Jeera – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Hing – 2 pinch
Roasted gram – 2 tsp
Garlic pods – 3no
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves a spring
- Deseed and chop the veggie into medium size and keep aside.
- Beat the curd using a whisk or mixer properly.
- Make a smooth paste of items given under “to grind” section.
- Now add this grounded paste to the beaten curd and add water along with salt and hing. Mix it thoroughly.
- Keep in a low flame, when it ready to starts boiling add the chopped veggie and boil it for two minutes.
- Temper with the listed items under “Temper Section” and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rice.
- Ash gourd cooks very easily & quickly so no need to cook separately.
- This recipe could surely be included in weight loss diet as the veggies used are almost 95% of water content.
- Ash Gourd could be replaced with choice of your favorite veggie, may be with ladies finger, white channa or chow- chow.
- Instead of Red Chilly you could try with Green Chilly to. But the Red Chilly gives you a rich look.