Today I plan to do some dessert and I saw a couple of beetroots in my fridge and instantly stricks halwa in it. Beetroot has a high nutritional and medicinal value. As most of us are adding very less quantity of vegetables to our daily diet, this is also one of the best way to include to our diet. With rich taste and color this invites all, especially kids who will enjoy this!
Beetroot - 1 big
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Cashews - few
Cardamom Powder - a pinch
Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Peel the skin and grate the beetroot and pressure cook by adding milk to immerse it and keep it aside.
- Heat one tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed pan and roast the cashews till golden brown and set aside.
- In a same pan add the cooked beetroot and add sugar (depends upon your sweetness) to it and let cook on low flame until the sugar melts and get thicken.
- At this stage add cardamom powder and ghee and stir continuously till the mixture leaves the pan.
- Finally garnish with roasted nuts.
Serve warm or cold as a dessert.
- Keep the halwa in refrigerator and can use it for upto one week.
- When serving add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top.
- Instead of sugar you could substitute with sugar free to enjoy the dessert to reduce calories.