This resturants style, a tastier and super easy to make reciepe can be made at home . It is perfect combo with puris or bhatura. I use to prepare Channa Masala in two different ways, but method used here is most liked by my husband, so I decided to share this reciepe to my blogger friends.
White Chickpeas – 150 ml
Tomato puree – 1cup
Onion – 2 medium
Ginger & Garlic paste – 1tsp
Green chillies – 2
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Everest channa Masala powder or garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves few
Lemon juice – 1tsp
Oil – 1tblsp
- Wash and soak chickpeas for overnight.
- Chop the onion and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan and add cumin seeds, when it starts to popup add onions, green chillies, g&g paste and sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the tomato puree and red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and channa masala powder and fry for some time till oil starts separating.
- To this add soaked chickpeas along with water and adjust the salt level and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and pressure cook for 5 whistles or till chickpeas get soft.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Even can cook the channa separately and follow the same method but cooking channa in the masala, it will blend well and tastes delicious and more over you could save time in preparation.