I came to know this recipe from my friend Aarthi’s mom. I like her cooking very much and so sweet of her to share some of her recipes to me and tried my own. Usually I don't like the tomato flavor but when I tasted this tomato dosa I started liking it and really enjoyed the flavor too. It taste very soft and crispy in texture, me and my husband started liking it and added in our regular menu for dinner. Take this opportunity to thank the aunt for sharing such delicious recipes with beautiful tips.
Idly rice – 1cup
Ripe tomatoes – 2 no
Red chilli – 2
Salt to taste
To coarse paste:
Jeera / cumin seeds – 1/4tsp
Onion – 1no
Oil – 1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
Hing – 1/4tsp
Curry leaves few
- Wash and soak rice for minimum 2 hours.
- Make a coarse paste of onion and cumin seeds and keep aside.
- In a mixer grind the soaked rice along with chopped tomatoes and red chilli into smooth batter by adding little water.
- In this batter mix the coarse paste of onion and cumin seeds, required salt and temper with mustard, curry leaves and hing.
- Heat tawa and pour a batter and drizzle some oil, as u make for normal dosa and cook on both sides.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar!!
- Adding onion as coarse paste gives crunchy and nice flavor.
- Can also add chopped onions as topping for the dosa instead of grinding.
- Batter will be good for 3 days in a refrigerator.
- The consistency of the batter should be normal dosa batter.