Broccoli is an easy cooking veggie, which has amazing health benefits with low calorie and high fiber content.
Broccoli – 1 medium size
Onion – 1 no chopped
Tomato – ½
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Chili powder – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves few
- Clean, wash and cut broccoli into small florets. Soak these florets in warm water for 3 minutes and strain the florets from the water.
- Heat oil in a pan add fennel seeds and curry leaves. When they started to splutter, add onion and fry till they turns translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Then add broccoli florets along with garam masala powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and sauté well.
- Sprinkle some water and cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes in a low flame, until the water gets absorbed.
- Can add crushed garlic pods to get more flavor.
- Take care the veggie should be semi cooked for good crunchiness should be there.
- While choosing a Broccoli pick the one, which is in dark green color.