It is common that, nobody can keep exact quantity of rice for meal, most of the time rice gets in excess, with which you could prepare Roti as explained below. It also tastes different and unique. I bet everybody will like it and especially Kids might like it more. No special side dish is needed for this Roti, as it is Rice Roti is bit spicy.
Leftover cooked Rice - 2 cup
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Onion – 2no
Green chili paste for taste
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves few
Curry leaves few
- In a bowl add leftover cooked rice and salt and mash it well.
- To this add chopped onions, green chilli paste, chopped curry leaves & coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add rice flour and again mix it well and check salt and make the mixture as soft dough.
- Take a banana leaf and grease some oil and now make one big size ball and apply some oil in your hands and flatten dough into circle shape.
- Heat tawa and cook well till it turns golden brown, roast and crispy at the corners on both sides.
- To make it more crispy add more rice flour to the mixture.
- Don’t forget to mash the cooked rice separately and then add the other ingredients to make soft dough.
- To make it more appealing, you could also add some graded carrot & coconut.