This is so tasty and spicy dosa which is my family’s favorite. A variation for usual dosa with flavorful taste. The best thing is, the kitchen will be filled with a nice aroma while making the dosa which is really tastes yummy.
Raw rice – 1cup
Parboiled rice – 3/4cup
Toor dhal – 3/4cup
Onion - 1
Red chili – 6
Tamarind small piece
Curry leaves - 1 spring
Coriander leaves – few
Garlic – 2no
Ginger – 1”piece
Cumin seeds – 1/4tsp
Asafoetida - 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
Curry leaves few
Onion – 2cup (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves few (finely chopped)
- Wash and soak the raw rice, parboiled rice and toor dhal together for two hours.
- Grind it along with other ingredients into fine batter.
- Let this batter ferment for four hours.
- Dilute with water into dosa batter consistency.
- Then season with the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Now heat a skillet and pour a ladle of batter in a circular way and sprinkle chopped onions (optional) (I personally like adding more onions on dosa) and coriander leaves and add a tsp of oil.
- When it turns slight brown in the edges flip it over and make a crisp on other side too.
Serve it hot with Onion chutney, pickle or curd.
- The batter can make dosa without ferment too but gives different taste.
- Even can sauté onions and mix in batter itself and make dosa.
- You can enjoy it plain spicy dosa without adding onion and coriander leaves.