I am a great fan of cauliflower and this Kurma taste great with chapathis or pooris. It has good flavor blended well with spices.
Cauliflower – 1 medium
Potato - 1medium
Onion – 2no
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Fresh cream or milk - 2tbsp
Salt to tsate
Grind to fine paste:
Garlic – 4
Ginger – 1’’
Green chili – 2 nos
Black pepper – 4nos
Fennel seed – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom – 1 nos
Clove – 2 nos
Cinnamon – 1”
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Cashew – 6 nos
- Chop and clean the florets and soak in hot water by adding a pinch of salt and leave for 5 minutes. Drain water and keep the florets aside.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small cubes and leave in water until use.
- Make a fine paste of the given ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till translucent then add tomatoes and fry until it get soft and tender.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, florets, potato and add salt(remember we already added salt in cauliflower) and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ground paste and enough water till the florets sink and cover with lid and cook in low flame till the cauliflower and potato gets cooked in the masala and the raw sell goes.
- Finally add the milk or fresh cream and cook for 2 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Can reduce the quantity of coconut and add poppy seeds for rich in taste.
- Add your choice of veggie with cauliflower.
- Towards the end i added milk instead you could aso fresh cream.