For this summer let me share Rock melon juice from my kitchen. I like for its sweetness, strong flavour, juicy and tastes. My hubby insisted to buy this cantaloupe during our weekend shopping. I don’t know when was the last time I had this juice, anyways now I am enjoying this juice.
Now it has become my habit that whenever I blog for recipe the first thing I look for is, the benefits and then only include in my menu. So I would love to share the,
Health benefits of Cantaloupe:
It is an excellent source of Potassium, vitamin C and vitamin A and low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. Boosts immune system, prevents skin cancer and reduces risk of cancer. It is also an ideal source for weight loss and perfect refreshing drink for this hot summer.
(to make one tall glass)
Cantaloupe – 1cup (roughly chopped)
Chilled milk – 1/4cup
Cold water – 1cup
Sugar / Honey to taste
Squeezed lime juice – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds and chop flesh roughly.
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Select Rock melon which is heavy, for good juice content and use the ripe fruit for best taste.
- Make sure to catch all the juice and pulp from the fruit to get most significant benefit.
- Drink the juice immediately after making it.
- Adjust sugar and lime juice if necessary.
- Melon seeds do not go waste. Cleaned, washed and dried out seeds can be slightly roasted with salt, makes a best snack or use to make desserts in it.