Making burger is my long time wish and finally I have done. My hubby likes the MC Donald’s burger, as I am a vegetarian I go with cheese and lettuce without chicken patties which I cannot satisfy my taste buds. So I just look at the stuff used in chicken burger and I make my own veggie burger at home, in my style. This is my second attempt which is very easy to make and fit for weekend breakfast.
For the Patties:
Cooked Vegetables – 1/2 cup (I used carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower, capsicum)
Potato – 1 big
Sweet corn kernels – 1tbsp
Onion – 1medium
Green chilli – 1no (chopped finely)
Ginger&Garlic paste -1/4tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4tsp
Chilli powder- 1/ 4tsp
Bread crumbs – 2tbsp
Lemon juice – 1tsp
Coriander leaves few
Salt to taste
To make Patties:
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles and smash well.
- Mash the boiled potato. Chop the onion.
- Heat oil in a pan add green chillies, add onion sauté well follow by the ginger & garlic paste and fry until the raw smell leaves.
- Now add the cooked vegetables, mashed potato and add chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder, coriander leaves.
- Fry the mix for few minute until the mix does not stick to the pan. Switch off the flame.
- Allow to mix to cool to room temperature. Now add lemon juice, bread crumbs and mix well.
- Now make round shaped patties. Cook on hot tawa to golden brown crisp on both sides using less oil.
- You can deep fry the patties in oil too or grill it using oven.
- I used the veggies available in my pantries, can use veggie of your choice.
- You get four large patties for the given measure of ingredients.
Burger Buns – 4 no
Cheese slice - 2
Onion – 1 no
Tomato -1 no
Lettuce – few
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
Honey Mustard sauce
- Chop the onion and tomato into thin roundels.
- Cut the burger bun into half and spread mayonnaise evenly on one side on both.
- Place lettuce leaves and veggie patties on top of it and spread some honey mustard sauce.
- Next place onions and tomatoes on top.Cover with another half bun and grill for 5 minutes.
- Replace cabbage instead of using lettuce leaves.
- Can use any sauce spread on burger buns per your taste.
- Finally grilling part is optional, it helps to get crispy bottom.
- Choose your choice of stuffing to enjoy the bite.