Today I am going to introduce one type of Poli, milk based one. Poli is one of the traditional sweet especially prepared for festival season.
Maida - 1/2 cup
Peni / siroti Rava - 3/4 cup
Salt a pinch
Water to make dough
Oil - 2 tsp
Khas Khas/Poppy seed - 3 tsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder a pinch
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar for taste
- To make poori mix all the ingredients in to soft dough as mentioned above and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Now divide the dough into equal ball and roll out into thin round shape and then fold it and seal the edges it looks like semi circle and deep fry it in oil and keep them aside.
- Now the poori is ready.
- Soak Khas Khas for 30 minutes in water and make in to a fine paste with Cardamom, coconut and cashew.
- Mix this paste with boiling milk and sugar.
- Cook this in simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now the payasam is ready, in this soak the poori for half an hour and serve it.
Yummy Pal Poli is ready to serve....:)
- Siroti rava is nothing but fine Semolina rava it adds taste to the poli.
- Even u can add chopped nuts for garnishing.
- You can skip adding Khuskhus and can do payasam with other ingredients.