It is one of my fav recipe, normally I plan this for dinner. Its very tastier with drumstick leaves which are very fresh and tender ones. It is highly protein rich and nutritious adai with lot of medicinal values from drumstick leaves and with a combination of lentils.
Raw rice – 1cup
Idly rice / parboiled rice – 3/4 cup
Toor dhal – 1cup
Red chillies – 6 to 8nos
Drumstick leaves - 2 cups
Hing – 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the drumstick leaves and set aside to drain the excess water.
- Wash and soak the rice and dhal together for 2hrs.
- Grind along with red chillies into rava consistency.
- Now add drumstick leaves, salt and mix well, the batter should be thiner than normal dosa batter.
- Heat tawa and spread some oil and pour the batter as thick adai or spread by using your palm and get cook on both sides.Enjoy the soft, crispy and tasty adai.
- No need to ferment the batter.
- To make soft adai, the ratio for dhal and rice should be equal.
- Also can add chopped onions along with drumstick leaves.
- To enhance the taste use butter instead of oil to make adai.
- As the dhal and leaves takes time to digest, early dinner is best.